The Attendees panel
provides a list of all participants in the session. It indicates when participants have control of the microphone. This is also where roles can be changes by the moderator.
View participant activity
In the Attendees panel you will often see various icons next to participants’ and moderators’ names to indicate which participants/moderators are using the microphone. For example, you will know someone has their microphone turned on when the Audio activity indicator appears next to their name in the Attendees list.
You can tell at-a-glance who in your session is having trouble connecting. Network indicators have been added to the Attendees panel. Move your pointer over participants in the Attendees panel to see the indicators. Move your pointer over the indicator to see network status information.
When others are experiencing network delays, moderators can continue to talk.
There are four types of user roles within Bb Collaborate Ultra: Moderator; Presenter; Participant; Captioner. You may wish to change the privileges to one or more of the participants during your session while still maintaining your own moderator access. You can do this at any time during the session.
Presenter role: This role is designed to share the workload while presenting or for students presenting their work for assessment. Presenters can:
- share content including applications, files and the whiteboard
- see and manage polling and breakout groups
- manage the session.
Participant role: This role is designed for students. Participants can:
- see raised hands
- enable and disable notifications.
Captioner role: This role provides an accessible learning experience for students. Captioners can:
- type what is being said
- type in multiple languages (by multiple people)
- caption in real time.
Once you give a participant Moderator privileges, they will have the ability to perform the same functions during the session that you have as the original moderator, such as to upload files and record sessions.
Provide different roles
- Open the Collaboration panel on the bottom on the screen. Select the Attendees panel and next to t the Participant’s name, select the Moderator controls icon and change the role.
- From the pop-up, select the role.
- The Attendees panel will be updated so that everyone in the session can see the change.
- To remove a participant from a session, click on the Moderator controls icon next to the Participant’s name in the Attendees panel.
- Select Remove from session.
Lower a participant’s hand
Each time a person raises their hand, a number (1, 2, 3 etc.) will appear on the Raise hand icon at the bottom of the screen. The number represents the order in which the hands were raised.
- Click on the Moderator controls icon next the participant in the Attendees panel.
- Select Lower Hand.
- When a hand is lowered, the number is removed from the hand column and the queue is reordered.