Some of the key literature around self and peer assessment are:
- Black P and Wiliam D. (1998) Assessment and classroom learning. Assessment in education 5: 7-74.
- Boud D. (1989) The role of self‐assessment in student grading. Assessment in Higher Education 14: 20-30.
- Boud D, Cohen R and Sampson J. (1999) Peer learning and assessment. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education 24: 413-426.
- Boud D, Lawson R and Thompson DG. (2015) The calibration of student judgement through self-assessment: disruptive effects of assessment patterns. Higher Education Research & Development 34: 45-59.
- Carnell B. (2015) Aiming for autonomy: formative peer assessment in a final-year undergraduate course. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education: 1-15.
- Falchikov N. (1995) Peer feedback marking: developing peer assessment. Programmed Learning 32: 175-187.
- Irons A. (2007) Enhancing learning through formative assessment and feedback: Routledge.
- Nicol D, Thomson A and Breslin C. (2014) Rethinking feedback practices in higher education: a peer review perspective. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education 39: 102-122.
The below is the downloadable (excel) file of literature around self and peer assessment (only during the period of 2010-2015).
Selected bibliography on Self and Peer assessment