Settings > Wi-Fi > Check Wi-Fi is ‘on’ (green) > Select Network: ‘Deakin Setup’ > Add Deakin username (your shortname) and tap ‘Join Now’ button > Tap ‘Install profile’ > Insert Deakin password > Tap ‘Done’.
Video by Deakin eSolutions. eSolutions guide to Wi-Fi setup.
When you change your Deakin password, your device will no longer connect to the Eduroam network. You will need to update the password in your Wi-Fi settings. Settings > Wi-Fi > Eduroam > you will be prompted for your new password. Enter new password and tap ‘Join’.
Settings > Mail Contacts, Calendar > Add Account > Exchange > Username: email@example.com and Deakin password.
Video by Deakin eSolutions. eSolutions guide to email setup.
Go to www.deakin.edu.au/office365 and log in with your Deakin username and password.
Deakin eSolutions guide to Office 365 on your iPad.
Video by Deakin Learning Futures.
‘Cloud concepts’ at Deakin refers to short videos. These videos may be used to add ‘life’ to a key concept or area of study; help to explain a complex idea; or enhance student engagement. They free up classroom time to focus on application and a deeper understanding of those core concepts.
|Tap on the camera icon to open the camera app. Switch between camera, video and square camera by sliding your finger up/down on the names (yellow dot stays in the same place). Press the large, white circle to take the photo. When in video mode, the button changes to be a red circle.|
|Your iPad has two cameras: one on the back and one facing front. Tap the camera switch icon in the upper-right corner of the screen to switch between the front- and rear-facing cameras. The back camera takes a higher quality image, and the front camera is useful when you need to see yourself on the screen.Your photos/videos will be stored in the iPad Camera Roll.|
| Explain Everything $3.79
Once inside the app, there is a help icon on the top right of the screen.
Explain Everything video tutorials.
| iMovie If you purchased your iPad after 1 Sep 2013, this app is free. Otherwise it is $6.49.
Once inside the app, there is a help icon on the top left of the screen.
When you have finished creating your video in iMovie, click the ‘Back to projects’ icon.
Give your video a name. Tap on ‘MY MOVIE’, delete out the current text and add a title.
Click the share/send icon.
Select ‘Save video’, then choose export size HD 720p. The movie file will then be saved to your iPad camera roll.
If you are on a Windows computer (PC) using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8…
and you want to import all of your iPad images or videos:
and you just want to copy across the one video you made:
Windows autoplay window
(Your version may have more options than this, depending on what software is installed on your computer)
Go to air.deakin.edu.au, and login with your Deakin details (top right of the page).
Click ‘Add New’ (top middle of the page) > ‘Media Upload’ and ‘Choose a file to upload’.
Browse to your movie, select & wait for upload.
Alternatively, see detailed instructions on the CloudDeakin DeakinAir help pages (Under ‘Adding content’ tab, ‘Media Upload’ link).
Video by Deakin Learning Futures.
1) Log into your CloudDeakin page and go to where you want to add your video (e.g. news item, content/topic page etc. See CloudDeakin Content help pages if you are not familiar with adding content.)
2) Click the edit button and then click the CloudDeakin ‘insert stuff’ button.
3) Select ‘DeakinAir’ from the list. All your previously uploaded videos will display: select video by clicking ‘Embed’. (Note: It might take a while for the newly uploaded video to appear.)
4) Click ‘Insert’.
These instructions are also available on the CloudDeakin support pages DeakinAir Sharing Content tab.
Alternatively, if the video you wish to embed is not in your DeakinAir account, you can enter an embed code instead.
1) On the DeakinAir site, go to your video and click the ‘Get Embed Code’ tab. Choose your preferred format. Copy the code.
On another service (E.g. YouTube), click the Embed Code option and copy the code.
2) Log into your CloudDeakin page and go to where you want to add your video (e.g. news item, content/topic page etc. (See CloudDeakin Content help pages if you are not familiar with adding content.)
Click the edit button and then click the CloudDeakin ‘insert stuff’ button.
3) Select ‘Enter embed code’ (last item on the list) and paste in the code you previously copied from DeakinAir/YouTube etc. Click Next, then Insert. Give your page or item a name and then Publish.
Backup your iPad (iTunes)
Apple guide to sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB