It is made available to Deakin staff and enrolled students for educational use only and not for personal or commercial use.
Access DeakinAir: http://air.deakin.edu.au/
By default, you will only be able to see Deakin promotional material by searching in DeakinAir. If you have a direct link to a video: e.g. http://air.deakin.edu.au/public/media/A+Short+Walk+Through+DeakinAir/0_1ya58ae2, you (or anyone else with internet access) can go directly to a video and watch it without logging in.
Video by Deakin Learning Futures.
If you are on a Windows computer (PC) using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
… and you want to import all of your iPad images or videos:
and you just want to copy across the one video you made:
Windows autoplay window (Your version may have more options than this, depending on what software is installed on your computer).
1) Log into your CloudDeakin page and go to where you want to add your video (e.g. news item, content/topic page etc. See CloudDeakin Content help pages if you are not familiar with adding content.)
2) Click the edit button and then click the CloudDeakin ‘insert stuff’ button.
3) Select ‘DeakinAir’ from the list. All your previously uploaded videos will display: select video by clicking ‘Embed’. (Note: It might take a while for the newly uploaded video to appear.)
4) Click ‘Insert’.
These instructions are also available on the CloudDeakin support pages DeakinAir Sharing Content tab.
Alternatively, if the video you wish to embed is not in your DeakinAir account, you can enter an embed code instead.
1) On the DeakinAir site, go to your video and click the ‘Get Embed Code’ tab. Choose your preferred format. Copy the code.
On another service (E.g. YouTube), click the Embed Code option and copy the code.
2) Log into your CloudDeakin page and go to where you want to add your video (e.g. news item, content/topic page etc. (See CloudDeakin Content help pages if you are not familiar with adding content.)
Click the edit button and then click the CloudDeakin ‘insert stuff’ button.
3) Select ‘Enter embed code’ (last item on the list) and paste in the code you previously copied from DeakinAir/YouTube etc. Click Next, then Insert. Give your page or item a name and then Publish.
If you have standard Deakin staff or student credentials then you will automatically have a DeakinAir account. Simply go to http://air.deakin.edu.au/public/ and go up to the Login link in the top right corner of the page. You will be prompted to enter your standard Deakin username and current password.
A brief video walkthrough of DeakinAir is also available.
DeakinAir accepts a wide variety of file formats, however it would be best to prepare them using the transcoding software, Adobe Media Encoder or Macroplant Adapter.
DeakinAir plays in 1280 x 720p, H.264 encoded, with a wide variety of formats, depending on which device you are viewing the video item. The DeakinAir servers can detect your playback device and stream you the appropriate format accordingly.
DeakinAir has a playlist functionality that allows you to sort your video resources into different playlists, a little like folders, as covered in the walkthrough mentioned above.
Yes, you can, using a Flash-enabled web browser app such as Puffin. It is preferable to upload your resources from a desktop computer, as the upload speed is much faster.
See our iPad resources for further information on how to copy your video from your iPad to your computer.