Editing a recording
Note: You cannot duplicate recordings.
- Hover the mouse over the recording you want to edit and click the Edit icon.
- Click and drag the two smaller triangles to the appropriate beginning and end points of a segment.
- Click the Make cut button to remove the selected footage.
- Click Apply Edits.
Note: Once the edits have been applied, the original media cannot be recovered.
- Click Yes to confirm.
Deleting a recording
- Hover the mouse over the recording you want to delete and click the Delete icon.
- Click OK to confirm.
Publishing a recording
Once you have completed the recording and finished editing as desired, you are now ready to publish the recording to the EchoSystem to make it available to your students. Once the recording is available in the EchoSystem, you will be able to link it to your CloudDeakin site.
Note: You must be connected to the Deakin VPN to publish recordings to the EchoSystem. It may take a while for your file to upload, especially if it is a large file and you are not on the Deakin network.
- Hover the mouse over the recording you want to publish and click the Publish icon.
- A pop-up window will appear for you to Login to the EchoSystem using your Deakin username and password.
- Enter a title for the Echo recording.
- Select the relevant unit offering from the list that you would like to publish the recording to.
Note: If the unit and offering for this trimester is not available, request an Echo section for this trimester to publish your own recordings to the EchoSystem
- Uncheck the Make Available checkbox if you do not wish to make the recording available to students immediately.
- Click Publish.
- The recording will take up to two hours to process and publish to the EchoSystem. Once it is available, you can manage your Echo recordings in the EchoSystem or link to the Echo recording in CloudDeakin. Please see Echo Recordings guide on how to link to your recordings.