Editing a recording
Note: You cannot duplicate recordings.
- Drag the playhead in the scrubber bar below the Echo monitor to the section you would like to cut.
- Drag the crop markers to the start and finish of the section that you would like to remove. The light blue portion of the scrubber bar highlights the footage you have selected.
- Click the Scissor button to remove the selected footage.
- Click Apply Edits.
Note: Once the edits have been applied, the original media cannot be recovered.
- Click Yes to confirm.
Deleting a recording
- Click on My Recordings to access your existing recordings.
- Select the recording to be deleted and click Delete.
- Click OK to confirm.
Publishing a recording
Once you have completed the recording and finished editing as desired, you are now ready to publish the recording to the EchoSystem to make it available to your students. Once the recording is available in the EchoSystem, you will be able to link it to your CloudDeakin site.
Note: You must be connected to the Deakin VPN to publish recordings to the EchoSystem. It may take a while for your file to upload, especially if it is a large file and you are not on the Deakin network.
- Select the recording you would like to publish from the My Recordings list.
- Click Publish Recording.
- A pop-up window will appear for you to Login to the EchoSystem using your Deakin username and password.
- Select the relevant unit offering from the list that you would like to publish the recording to and click Next.
Note: If the unit and offering for this trimester is not available, Request an Echo section for this trimester to publish your own recordings to the EchoSystem.
- Choose whether you would like to create a new Echo recording or replace an existing Echo. Then set the date and the time and click Next.
- Enter a title for the Echo recording and click Publish.
- The recording will take up to two hours to process and publish to the EchoSystem. Once it is available, you can manage your Echo recordings in the EchoSystem or link to the Echo recording in CloudDeakin. Please see Echo Recordings guide on how to link to your recordings.