Link your Recording
EchoSystem gives you the ability to access previous captures and recorded presentations and link these to your CloudDeakin site.
Students are provided with various playback formats including the ability to stream or download media files and subscribe to podcasts or vodcasts.
Create an Echo Recording link
Linking your Echo recordings is a two-stage process.
Note: Only staff with Unit Chair access to unit sites AND Instructor access to Echosystem will be able to create Echo Recording links.
STAGE 1: Add a link to the EchoSystem
- Log into CloudDeakin using your Deakin Username and Password.
- Select the unit you wish to add the Echo recording to.
- Click the Resources link from the Navigation Bar at the top of the Unit page.
- Go to the module you wish to add the Echo recording link.
- Click the Add Existing Activities link then select Additional Applications.
- A pop-up box will appear, select EchoSystem.
STAGE 2: Select your recording(s)
- From the List of Resources, click on the link to EchoSystem that you have just created. Note: If you receive a security Warning Message, press continue.
- You can now choose to:
- Link to EchoCentre (All recordings) Click on the Link to EchoCenter button next to the unit offering you wish to make available to your students. You can also preview the EchoCentre before you create the link (this will open in a new tab).
- Link to individual Echo recordings Click the + button next to expand the unit offering and show the available individual recordings. Click on the Link to Echo button to link to the desired recording. You can also preview a recording before you create the link (this will open in a new tab).
- Link to Echo recordings from another unit offering You may also link to recordings from other units and sections that you have access to. Type the unit code into the search box and click the Search button.You may also link all or individual recordings as shown above.
- Once you have selected one of the above linking options, you are now finished and the recording will be available to view in your CloudDeakin site.
Note: The CloudDeakin Demo Student cannot access Echo recordings.
Navigate an individual Echo recording
Clicking an individual Echo Recording will display the Echo recording and a thumbnail with the first frame of the recording, title, time and date, and description.
You are also provided with five options:
- To stream the video in EchoPlayer;
- To listen to just the audio in the browser;
- To download just the Audio in .mp3 format;
- To open the video within the browser;
- and to download the video in M4V format.
If you linked to all the recordings for the unit, the link will open the EchoCenter for teaching staff.
Note: Students have a different view of the EchoCentre to teaching staff.
The EchoCenter for teaching staff allows you to:
- Access all the audio and visual recordings for your unit.
- Discussions are currently disabled. Encourage students to use discussions within your CloudDeakin unit site.
- Stream an echo recording using the EchoPlayer.
You can embed the EchoPlayer of a particular recording into a HTML resource page.
Note: The embedded EchoPlayer is not viewable on iOS mobile devices.
- Login to EchoSystem Server using your Deakin username and password.
- Click on the title of the Echo recording which you wish to embed.
- Select and copy the embed code under EchoCentre Page.
- Open in a new tab and go to your unit site.
- Create a new page or open an existing page where you want to embed the recording.
- Click on Insert Stuff button then click on Enter Embed Code.
- Paste in the code.
- Click Insert.
Copyright notice for Echo recordings
A Copyright Notice is automatically pre-pended to all recordings published to the EchoSystem, ensuring that consumers of the media are aware that some of the materials used in the recording may have been reproduced and communicated pursuant to Deakin’s statutory licences under Part VA and Part VB of the Copyright Act.
Part VA notice (additional detail also available at the Copyright Site)